Amazon is the biggest marketplace besides eBay. if you have good stuff and want to be bought by everyone in the world, I highly recommend that you use amazon. Amazon.com has an amazing experience in the world of e-commerce. take advantage of the number of visits and buyer traffic to the amazon site by selling it on amazon.
Selling products on Amazon can be a good thing for small businesses to make as much profit as possible with more than 160 million visitors each month. Amazon has developed into the largest marketplace and the most widely used seller to sell its products. In fact, it has now surpassed the most popular retail sites like eBay in terms of traffic and sales.
But, just registering, making a product list, and hoping for the best on Amazon is not enough. On Amazon we also have to compete with other sellers from all over the world. If you want to be successful, we must know tips and tricks to get more than others.
Here are 7 strategies to sell right on Amazon.
1. Make sure you choose the right merchant account
The fee for a merchant account on Amazon is $ 39.99 / month. For comparison, for individual accounts the cost is $ 0.99 / month.
According to Amazon, if you plan to sell more than 40 items per month, then the unlimited price of $ 39.99 will be meaningful. If you have just started or are not planning to sell a lot of items, maybe the choice on this account is not the best. If this happens, use an individual seller account and upgrade when you are comfortable or when your sales start to exceed the $ 39.99 limit
According to Amazon, if we want to sell more than 40 products then for an account at a price of $ 39.99 it is the right choice. But, if we are just starting out or don’t plan to sell a lot of items, then use an individual account of $ 0.99. We also can still upgrade if sales start to rise.
2. Understand that price competition is very fierce
When selling on Amazon we must be aware and ready to compete with other business owners from all over the world. That means we will compete with hundreds, even thousands of competitors who sell the same or identical products, some of which may be priced much lower than us.
This does not mean we cannot be competitive, but we must be prepared for such conditions. Therefore, we must brainstorm to find alternative ways to make products more attractive.
3. Look for ways to make the product look unique
Instead of trying to compete directly with competitors, it’s better to find ways to make our products unique. Amazon classifies items by title, so if we sell the same product with competitors whose rank is higher and the price is lower, then we will lose.
On the other hand, if there are no other competitors who sell the same product as our product, then we will become rulers. It’s easier to say than to do, because almost anything we imagine already exists on Amazon. But, by doing research / research and finding unique ways to put our products in a good position will have a tremendous impact.
4. Integrate Amazon into the E-Commerce platform
Since Amazon offers an open API for sellers, we can easily integrate all Amazon products into existing ecommerce platforms. Visitors can find, review, and even buy Amazon products from our ecommerce site.
If you don’t have an ecommerce platform, start designing and building a website that has a place for Amazon products. This is very effective if coupled with content marketing strategies, which can help to increase visibility and organic traffic.
5. Optimize product posts
Most people always associate SEO with search rankings on Google. But, there are other things we might be able to optimize, namely products and amazon accounts to improve ranking and visibility on Amazon searches.
There are some Amazon business tools to do the above process easily, like ZonGuru, Jungle Scout, Helium 10, Sellics, etc. They are the best tools you should purchase because it is a good investment for your business. Not only you can manage your inventory much more efficient, but also you can serve your customer and negative feedback with ease.
There are two factors that Amazon uses to calculate rankings for certain search phrases, namely performance and relevance. Performance factors are related to what we do, such as how many items are sold, whether our product has a full description and image, product level, etc. The point to increase search rankings on Amazon is to increase sales history and make our products more able.
The relevance factor is a little more complicated and must be done in a way that makes the product relevant, according to the queries given. We can make products more relevant by using full titles, product descriptions (including brand names, accurate product descriptions), and important points that explain the product. The thing to keep in mind is that search terms on Amazon must include fragments of words that can apply to our products.
Selling on Amazon is like any other marketing strategy. This requires patience, commitment and ongoing analysis and some adjustments before we can see the results. In order to achieve maximum sales we also need clear product specifications.
Product specifications may not be the most interesting part of attracting customers, but you need to pay attention to them if you want to work with resellers. Because they usually request SKU numbers and UPC in excel format. Are you starting to get confused? Let’s look at the 13 specifications that must be included in the following product details.
1. Product Name: We recommend that the name used for the product be simple but can describe the identity of the product.
2. Number SKU: Stock Keeping Unit is a unique code given to each item of goods both purchased and sold by the company. The method of naming can be done by using properties in the item, such as size, color, and type of item. This SKU is used as company stock information and differentiates an item from another. SKUs are also often printed in barcodes to make it easier for companies to inventory stocks.
3. Product Description: A more in-depth description of the product is needed so that customers can know clearly about the product.
4. Brand: this is the name of the main product. For example, Proctor and Gamble “Tide” is a brand / brand with many variants, namely Tide Clean Breeze, Tide Lavender Breeze, etc.)
5. Color: is a product specification that is needed so that people in the warehouse or shop can easily identify the product from its physical form. The more information they have, the faster they can work.
6. Material: There are several reasons why information about the type of material is needed. Similar to color, ingredients will help people in a warehouse or store identify products physically more quickly. In addition, because of the standard delivery, especially if shipping via international or freight, their treatment of the goods will be different.
7. Dimensions (without packaging): For those of you who are accustomed to selling packaged products, you will find different things if you work with online retailers like Amazon. Because they prioritize information related to products so that customers are interested in these products.
8. Dimensions (with packaging): You need to consider product packaging. If the product packaging is too large, it is unlikely that your product will be displayed by a reseller on their store shelves. Therefore, give product-related information clearly and in detail to the reseller before ordering or shipping so that they have other strategies to prevent errors that can occur.
9. Installation Info: For online resellers this product specification is very necessary. They should notify consumers before buying that the product requires assembly time so that consumers can consider the product delivery period.